Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Small Post: Sweet and Spicy Grilled Corn

This is the Halloween post for grub, and since candy corn isn't something you can make easily enough (maybe it is, I don't know) I thought I'd talk a little about regular corn.

Grilled corn, anyway.


So it starts with corn on the cob, and once you peel back the stocks, you give yourself a nice handle (the stalk). I have some Mai Ploy chili paste, which is a red paste made from all sorts of great aromatics. I use it in Thai soups, curries, and even for grilling occasionally.

Like here for corn. I mixed about a tea spoon of the paste with a table spoon of brown sugar and then mixed  that into a half cup of coconut milk. I blended it well, and used it as a baste for the corn.

The cobs will develop a nice glaze, and when you go to eat them, you'll be surprised at how they look shiny and wet, but are actually quite dry to eat, but not in a bad way. Depending on how much chili paste you use will determine how spicy the corn will end up.

It's an exotic and easy recipe. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment