Monday, January 28, 2013

Chicken Wings: Tasty Scraps

One of the good things about buying whole chickens is all the things you can do. I'm able to parse out the breasts, leg quarters, carcass for the cat food and stock for rice, and all the while squirreling away the wings into the freezer for a rainy day.

Or until the bag gets too full.

When that happens--overflowing stock--you know there's enough to yield an entire dinner for two and lunch for one the following day.

That, and wings are good. They're the tastiest scraps you'll be finding on a chicken. If you want to deep fry them so be it. If you want to pan fry them and butter baste them to make 'em sexy, so be it again (highly recommended).

For me, with the (overwhelming) amount of wings I had stored, I went ahead and roasted them in the oven. I tossed them in a large bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper, and a little cayenne and placed them out on sheet trays:


There were a lot, seriously:


Wings are just too good, and I mean that with all sincerity. Not that it matters, but the forearms are my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment