Monday, April 9, 2012

Chef Gonzo's Lunch

The other day I made myself a quick lunch that was tasty and used the random things I had floating around my kitchen. This was true Gonzo Cuisine.


I cooked a tiny bit of rice and put it in the bottom. I put a little cheese on top and let it melt. Then I found the core remnants of some farm-fresh green lettuce, sliced it fine, and sauteed it in a tiny splash of vegetable oil that is shimmering hot. I put that on top of the cheese. The last bit was our last egg, poached in water and a splash of vinegar (the vinegar keeps the whites from detaching), then dusted with salt and pepper.

From the previous post: I used my slotted spoon to fish the egg out of the poaching water; I used my knife to slice the lettuce; I used my kosher salt and fresh ground pepper on the egg (and rice and lettuce); and I used some vegetable oil to saute the lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment